The Lord Nelson Hotel and Suites is looking for a Guest Services Supervisor to join our team!
The Guest Services Supervisor is responsible for supervising a team of Guest Service Agents to ensure efficient and smooth front desk operations in order to produce excellent guest feedback through superior customer service. Responds in a professional and courteous manner to all guests, providing accurate and timely information and services.
As the Guest Services Supervisor, you will act as a role model, sharing your experience and continually inspiring the front office team to go above and beyond.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure outstanding customer service to all guests through leadership and mentoring of Guest Service Agents
• Courteously and accurately answers all inquiries from potential guests and hotel staff
• Supervise daily shift process, ensuring all team members adhere to standard hotel procedures
• Train and direct team members to the standards and procedures of the hotel. Resolve issues, coach, and encourage the front desk team in order to ensure quality operation
• Resolve guest issues, complaints, and problems in a quick and efficient manner in order to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
• Allocate and assign guest rooms based on guest requirements and special request.
• Build strong relationships with the various departments within the hotel in order to ensure unhindered communication
• Ensure front office and hotel log books are updated and actioned as needed
• Assist all departments in servicing hotel guests during high volume periods
• Take responsibility in the absence of the Duty Manager/Guest Services Manager
• Maintain the highest level of customer service and display professionalism at all times
• Display appropriate two way radio etiquette at all times
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of hotel guests and pertinent hotel information
• Must have comprehensive understanding of hotel emergency procedures
• Additional tasks as assigned
• High school diploma is required
• A positive attitude and the ability to motivate and lead a winning team
• Must speak, understand, and write fluently in English. Bilingualism is an asset
• Experience working in a fast paced Hotel/Resort setting is required, at least one (1) year in a Front Office position
• Strong working knowledge of the VisualOne property management system is an asset
• Experience handling guest concerns and complaints
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, specifically; Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
The Ideal Candidate:
• Flexible and able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Understands the challenges that are present in an afterhours/overnight shift
• Organized and able to thrive in a fast paced environment while being able to manage a changing workload and meet tight deadlines
Please clearly demonstrate in your cover letter/resume how you meet the above requirements. We thank all who apply, only those who have been selected for further consideration will be contacted.